JOIN US FOR THE MAY FORSYTH COUNTY REPUBLICAN WOMEN’S CLUB MEETING
Thursday, May 23rd , 6:00 pm
Mi Pueblo, 644 S. Stratford Rd
*****please arrive at 5:30 to order dinner*****
The topic will be VOTER FRAUD AND CHANGES IN THE BOARDS OF ELECTIONS
Our speakers will be:
Jay DeLancy, Executive Director, Voter Integrity Project- NC
Jay is a retired Air Force Lieutenant Colonel. He launched the Voter Integrity Project of North Carolina in early 2011 to empower citizens who are interested in reforming the state’s antiquated election laws through careful research and lobbying efforts. Their ongoing research into illegal voting patterns and other suspicious electoral practices has drawn attention from the General Assembly as they work to reform the state’s fraud-friendly election laws.
Jonathan Dills, Esq
Jonathan is an attorney in Winston-Salem and has been the only Republican on the Forsyth County Board of Elections for two years. Now that we have a Republican Governor, there will be changes in the State Board of Elections and Forsyth County Board of Elections.
Come and hear what changes will be taking place.
Please join us, RSVP by Tuesday, May 21st to Sue Wingate @ 972-2074 or email@example.com
This event is the first in a series of meetings sponsored by the Forsyth County Republican Party to provide information and education on important topics facing We the People. Thanks to the Salem College Republicans for helping to schedule the venue at Salem College.
When: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 7:00PM, sharp
Where: Salem College, Elberson Fine Arts Center Drama Workshop, SR4326, Winston-Salem, NC (directions below)
What: A physicians view of the future of medicine; a discussion of the challenges and solutions.
Who: Dr. CL Gray has become an important national figure in the area of healthcare policy and reform and is committed to preserving patient-centered healthcare. We have the distinct privilege of hearing Dr. Gray discuss the history of medicine and his view on the future of medicine in light of the passage of the the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (aka, Obamacare). Dr. Gray will also be discussing the challenges that doctors are and will be experiencing and solutions to these challenges. There will be a time for Q&A.
Please invite your family, friends and neighbors. We would especially like to encourage anyone in the medical field to attend.
Directions: From I-40 Business exit onto Hwy 52 South. Take the first exit, 108C for Salem College. At the end of the exit ramp turn right onto Rams Dr. Continue onto the Salem College campus. Continue straight as you enter the campus. Elberson Fine Arts Center will be on your left at the end of the street.
The Forsyth County Board of Commissioners will consider the following volunteer board appointments at their regular scheduled meeting on June 10, 2013:
- Six (6) Appointments to the ADULT CARE HOME COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE, Three-Year Terms, Expiring May 2016 [Capacity: “Open”] [Non-incumbents will serve a term of one year]
- Five (5) Appointments to the ANIMAL CONTROL ADVISORY BOARD, Two-Year Terms, Expiring May 2015 [Capacities: Two (2) “At Large”, One (1) “County Resident and Owner of an Animal Other Than a Dog/Cat”, One (1) “County Resident and Owner of a Fertile Hunting Dog” and One (1) “County Resident Who is a Member, Employee or Officer in a FC Animal Welfare Organization”]
- Two (2) Appointments to the APPEARANCE COMMISSION, WINSTON-SALEM/ FORSYTH COUNTY, Three-Year Terms, Expiring February 2016 [Capacity: “Special Experience or Education in Design”]
- One (1) Appointment to the ENVIRONMENTAL ASSISTANCE AND PROTECTION BOARD, Three-Year Term, Expiring May 2016 [Capacity: “Open”]
- One (1) Appointment to the EXPERIMENT IN SELF-RELIANCE, to Fill an Unexpired Term, Expiring September 2014 [Capacity: “Open”]
- Four (4) Appointments to the FORSYTH COUNTY HOME AND COMMUNITY CARE BLOCK GRANT ADVISORY COUNCIL, Two-Year Terms, Expiring March 2015 [Capacities: One (1) “Funder”, One (1) “Housing Representative”, One (1) “Law Enforcement Representative” and One (1) “Nursing Home Representative”]
- Fourteen (14) Appointments to the FORSYTH COUNTY JUVENILE CRIME PREVENTION COUNCIL, Two-Year Terms, Expiring June 2015 [Capacities: Six (6) “At Large”, One (1) “Chief of Police”, One (1) “County Commissioner”, One (1) “Parks & Recreation Representative”, One (1) “Person Under Age 18”‘, One (1) “Person Under age 21”, One (1) “Sheriff or Designee”, One (1) “Substance Abuse Professional” and One (1) “United Way/AEA Representative”]
- One (1) Appointment to the FORSYTH TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE BOARD OF TRUSTEES, Four-Year Term, Expiring June 2017 [Capacity: “Open”]
- One (1) Appointment to the INDUSTRIAL FACILITIES & POLLUTION CONTROL FINANCING AUTHORITY, Six-Year Term, Expiring March 2019 [Capacity: Open]
- One (1) Appointment to the JURY COMMISSION, Two-Year Term, Expiring June 2015 [Capacity: “Board of Commissioner Appointee”]
- Two (2) Appointments to the NORTHWEST CHILD DEVELOPMENT ADVISORY COUNCIL, Three-Year Terms, Expiring June 2016 [Capacity: “Open”]
- Two (2) Nominations to the SCIWORKS BOARD OF DIRECTORS, Three-Year Terms, Expiring May 2016 [Capacity: “Open”]
- One (1) Appointment to the SOCIAL SERVICES BOARD, Three-Year Term, Expiring June 2016 [Capacity: “County Representative”]
- One (1) Appointment to the UTILITY COMMISSION, Five-Year Term, Expiring June 2018 [Capacity: “Open”]
If you wish to apply for one of these appointments, visit the Volunteer Opportunities page on the Commissioner’s website and complete the online application form or call the Commissioners’ Office at 703-2020 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. to obtain a questionnaire. The deadline for receiving resumes and completed questionnaires is Wednesday, June 5, 2013 at 5:00 p.m.
The 5th District Republican Convention will be held at 10:00 am on Saturday, April 6, 2013, at the Wilkes County Courthouse, Wilkesboro, NC. Registration will begin at 9:00 am with a convention charge of $5.00 per delegate and alternate. No charge for guests.
Officers of the party are elected at the county convention in odd numbered years and serve for two years. These members were elected on March 9, 2013 at the convention:
Chairman: Scott Cumbie
Vice Chairman: Charona Remillard
Secretary: Dee Wilson
Treasurer: Andrew Johnson
Asst. Treasurer: Pattie Curran
Dear President Obama,
My name is Harold Estes, I’m approaching 95 on December 13 of this year. People meeting me for the first time don’t believe my age because I remain wrinkle free and pretty much mentally alert.
I enlisted in the U.S. Navy in 1934 and served proudly before, during and after WW II retiring as a Master Chief Bos’n Mate. Now I live in a “rest home” located on the western end of Pearl Harbor, allowing me to keep alive the memories of 23 years of service to my country.
One of the benefits of my age, perhaps the only one, is to speak my mind, blunt and direct even to the head man.
So here goes.
I am amazed, angry and determined not to see my country die before I do, but you seem hell bent not to grant me that wish.
I can’t figure out what country you are the president of. You fly around the world telling our friends and enemies despicable lies like:
- “We’re no longer a Christian nation”
- “America is arrogant” – (Your wife even announced to the world,” America is meanspirited.” Please tell her to try preaching that nonsense to 23 generations of our war dead buried all over the globe who died for no other reason than to free a whole lot of strangers from tyranny and hopelessness.)
I’d say shame on the both of you, but I don’t think you like America, nor do I see an ounce of gratefulness in anything you do, for the obvious gifts this country has given you. To be without shame or gratefulness is a dangerous thing for a man sitting in the White House.
After 9/11 you said,” America hasn’t lived up to her ideals.” Which ones did you mean?
- Was it the notion of personal liberty that 11,000 farmers and shopkeepers died for to win independence from the British?
- Or maybe the ideal that no man should be a slave to another man, that 500,000 men died for in the Civil War?
- I hope you didn’t mean the ideal 470,000 fathers, brothers, husbands, and a lot of fellas I knew personally died for in WWII, because we felt real strongly about not letting any nation push us around, because we stand for freedom.
- I don’t think you mean the ideal that says equality is better than discrimination. You know the one that a whole lot of white people understood when they helped to get you elected.
Take a little advice from a very old geezer, young man. Shape up and start acting like an American. If you don’t, I’ll do what I can to see you get shipped out of that fancy rental on Pennsylvania Avenue. You were elected to lead not to bow, apologize and kiss the hands of murderers and corrupt leaders who still treat their people like slaves.
And just who do you think you are telling the American people not to jump to conclusions and condemn that Muslim major who killed 13 of his fellow soldiers and wounded dozens more. You mean you don’t want us to do what you did when that white cop used force to subdue that black college professor in Massachusetts, who was putting up a fight? You don’t mind offending the police calling them stupid but you don’t want us to offend Muslim fanatics by calling them what they are, terrorists.
One more thing. I realize you never served in the military and never had to defend your country with your life, but you’re the Commander-in-Chief now, son. Do your job. When your battle-hardened field General asks you for 40,000 more troops to complete the mission, give them to him. But if you’re not in this fight to win, then get out. The life of one American soldier is not worth the best political strategy you’re thinking of.
You could be our greatest president because you face the greatest challenge ever presented to any president.
You’re not going to restore American greatness by bringing back our bloated economy. That’s not our greatest threat. Losing the heart and soul of who we are as Americans is our big fight now. And I sure as hell don’t want to think my president is the enemy in this final battle.
Harold B. Estes
Snopes confirms as true: